Beginning for the 2016 filing tax year, there will new due dates for Partnership, C-Corp, and FBAR returns.
- For partnership returns, the new due date are 2 ½ months after year end or March 15 for calendar-year firms. This deadline will be a month earlier than it previously was.
- C Corporations have a new date of the 15th day of the fourth month following or April 15th for calendar year firms. This deadline will be a month later that it previously was.
- For fiscal year C-Corps ending June 30, these changes do not apply until tax years beginning after Dec. 31, 2025.
- The S-Corporations tax year remains unchanged. These returns are still due March 15 or the third month following the close of the taxable year.
- FBARs new filing date is April 15th and taxpayers can now apply for a six month extension.
The premise behind this change is to allow preparers enough time to input data from K-1s in order to timely file personal tax returns.