The horse industry poses many unique challenges when it comes to tax and accounting, real estate and syndication issues. At The Green Group, we pride ourselves on being at the head of the pack when it comes to your equine business.
You work hard to become the best in the business and you deserve the same kind of passion from the person responsible for your finances.
Some of the areas we specialize in within the industry include:
- Buying & Selling a Farm
- Hobby Loss Analysis (Section 183)
- Active vs. Passive Activity
- Employee Status
- Sales Tax
- Expense Classification
- Depreciation Analysis
- Special Horse Analysis
- Component Depreciation
The Green Group not only has a large client base in the thoroughbred and equestrian field, but our Founder also owns and operates a successful racing & breeding operation. Len Green has been a licensed thoroughbred owner since 1980 and currently acts as the managing partner for his family’s racing and breeding operation, D.J. Stable, LLC. Len has over 20 years of experience in the thoroughbred industry as an owner, breeder, expert witness and consultant.
We are recognized as one of the leading accounting and tax consulting firms in the horse industry. Our dedicated staff is responsive and results oriented. We work hard to demonstrate our expertise and to help improve our clients’ profitability.
D.J. Stable has accomplished the following since 1980:
- Won over 2,000 races while competing at 13 different race tracks nationwide
- Bred and/or Owned over 90 Stakes Winners including Graded Stakes Winning EXECUTIVEPRIVILEGE (G1), SONGANDAPRAYER (G1), DO IT WITH STYLE (G1), NOVEMBER SNOW (G1), GANTRY (G2), LEAR SPEAR (G2), LARKWHISTLE (G3), SHOOTER (G3), GOING GRAY (G3), SENATE APPOINTEE (G3), RYDILLUC (G3), HOPPORTUNITY (G1), etc.
- Bred and/or Owned three Champions – LARKWHISTLE, NOVEMBER SNOW and RHUM
- Won a total of eight individual Leading Owner’s Titles at four different race tracks
- Sold approximately $30,000,000 worth of horses at public auction including 24 horses for over $250,000 each and five others which sold for over $400,000